Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/09/02 17:08:13 UTC

[build] Ant and endorsed libraries

Hi Lenya developers,

recently there were lots of complaints that the
XConfToolTask fails without the proper endorsed libraries.
I think it shouldn't be required from a Lenya integrator
to copy the endorsed libs to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed.

Cocoon solves this problem by using a custom build.sh
/ build.bat which sets the -Djava.endorsed.dirs parameter
in ANT_OPTS (doing this manually works for Lenya too).
Should we do the same, or is there a better option?

WDYT?

-- Andreas

Re: [build] Ant and endorsed libraries

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> recently there were lots of complaints that the
> XConfToolTask fails without the proper endorsed libraries.
> I think it shouldn't be required from a Lenya integrator
> to copy the endorsed libs to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed.
>
> Cocoon solves this problem by using a custom build.sh
> / build.bat which sets the -Djava.endorsed.dirs parameter
> in ANT_OPTS (doing this manually works for Lenya too).
> Should we do the same, or is there a better option?

the same.

+1

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: [build] Ant and endorsed libraries

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> recently there were lots of complaints that the
> XConfToolTask fails without the proper endorsed libraries.
> I think it shouldn't be required from a Lenya integrator
> to copy the endorsed libs to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed.
>
> Cocoon solves this problem by using a custom build.sh
> / build.bat which sets the -Djava.endorsed.dirs parameter
> in ANT_OPTS (doing this manually works for Lenya too).
> Should we do the same, or is there a better option?

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Cocoon can use hard-coded
paths in the build.sh/.bat, but we can't because we use
the Ant provided by Cocoon. Any ideas?

Posted by Dale Christ <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.