Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antonio PAROLINI <An...@hcuge.ch> on 2005/07/07 11:05:17 UTC

Multi-click from the same user

Hello,

We have a Struts intranet-web site running under tomcat 4.1.24.

Some of the application function are pretty slow ( more than 10
secondes), and sometime users get mad and click 10 times on the same
button. Tomcat raise 10 thread and on such slow operation, the server
can get very slowed down.

Aside of javascript solutions ( blocking the button to be clicked
twice), is there a tomcat configuration solution for this probleme ?

I would imaging for instance, a HTTP connector that detect that the
same call is being made by the same browser (or same UserPrincipal), to
the same url with the same parameters , and instead of raising a new
thread, wait for the 1 thread to end and returns its result ... Am I
dreaming ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antonio Parolini

the system manager.

Re: Multi-click from the same user

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@becomo.com>.
Antonio PAROLINI wrote:

>Aside of javascript solutions ( blocking the button to be clicked
>twice), is there a tomcat configuration solution for this probleme ?

You can use session context to store information that request is being
processed by another thread and return quickly after another user click.

Or maybe you can process such slow request in background thread
reloading user page with some kind of a progress bar.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski  <mi...@becomo.com>
Becomo S.A.

Re: Multi-click from the same user

Posted by Hemi Taka <he...@atlasmd.com>.
Try googling RequestControlFilter.
You may be able to modify the code and check for a matching request from the
session....or use it as is...this may work for you.