Posted to license@apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/01/22 15:21:21 UTC

Implied grant?

How do we interpret a project, e.g., such as AAA4Avalon on SourceForge,
which uses the Apache License, but for which we do not have a CLA or
Software Grant?  There is some confusion, with some people considering the
use of the Apache Software License to be an implied grant, and others being
more conservative.

	--- Noel

Re: Implied grant?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
This list was created for public comments on the proposed 2.0 license.
Now that it has been approved by the board (more details forthcoming), we
should probably shut this list down and move general discussion about
Apache licensing policies to the more generic "licensing@apache.org".

I'll forward your note there and respond.

	Brian