Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by William Shen <wi...@marinsoftware.com> on 2019/05/30 23:38:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Maintaining the Site in Git Instead of SVN

Hi all,

Currently, the Phoenix site is maintained in and built from SVN
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/phoenix/site>. Not sure what level of
work it would require, but does it make sense to move the source from svn
to git, so contribution to the website can follow the same JIRA/git
workflow as the rest of the project? It could also make sure changes to
Phoenix code are checked in with corresponding documentation changes when
needed.

- Will

Re: [DISCUSS] Maintaining the Site in Git Instead of SVN

Posted by William Shen <wi...@marinsoftware.com>.
Vincent, thanks for clearing up the discussion :)

Do folks have a preference on which of the following we should take? I'm
leaning toward 2).
1) move docs from SVN to a dedicated git repository
2) move docs from SVN to the main phoenix git repository, and publish site
from master branch
3) move docs from SVN to the main phoenix git repository, and publish site
from ______ branch

- Will

Posted by Vincent Poon <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by William Shen <wi...@marinsoftware.com>.

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com.INVALID>.

Posted by William Shen <wi...@marinsoftware.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, not sure I get your concern, Thomas. We only have one website.

From the ASF Infra side, svn-pubsub (what deploys our code on SVN

Posted by William Shen <wi...@marinsoftware.com>.
Thomas,

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com.INVALID>.