Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by bk...@workgroup.com on 2001/02/26 16:30:25 UTC

building Xerces 1.4 on HP-UX 10.20 with aCC

Hi,
I've been having trouble building the Xerces lib on HP-UX 10.20 with aCC.  I
keep getting a host of errors, including not being able to find pthread.h
even though I followed the instructions on the Xerces web site for building
the library single threaded.  Has anyone else had similar experiences, or
wisdom to share about how to build on this platform?

Also, I'm looking at doing a build on IRIX with CC, any known hangups with
this platform?

Sincerely,
Bob Kinney

Re: building Xerces 1.4 on HP-UX 10.20 with aCC

Posted by ruud waij <wa...@wt.tno.nl>.
bkinney@workgroup.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been having trouble building the Xerces lib on HP-UX 10.20 with aCC.  I
> keep getting a host of errors, including not being able to find pthread.h
> even though I followed the instructions on the Xerces web site for building
> the library single threaded.  Has anyone else had similar experiences, or
> wisdom to share about how to build on this platform?

On HP-UX 10.20, compile with -DAPP_NO_THREADS. On HP-UX 11.00 this is not
necessary.

> Also, I'm looking at doing a build on IRIX with CC, any known hangups with
> this platform?

On IRIX 6.5 a simple 'runConfigure -c cc -x CC -p irix' and 'make' did the
trick.

ruud