Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Philip Doctor <ph...@physiq.com> on 2017/12/12 23:49:58 UTC

Calling an operator serially

I’ve got a KeyedStream, I only want max parallelism (1) per key in the keyed stream (i.e. if key is OrganizationFoo then only 1 input at a time from OrganizationFoo is processed by this operator).  I feel like this is obvious somehow, but I’m struggling to find the docs for this.  Can anyone point me the right way here?

Re: Calling an operator serially

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you are right.
The purpose of a KeyedStream is to process all events/records with the same
key by the same operator task (which runs in a single thread). The operator
itself can have a greater parallelism, such that different keys are
processed by different tasks.

Best, Fabian

Posted by Philip Doctor <ph...@physiq.com>.

From: Philip Doctor <ph...@physiq.com>