Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Geoff Fortytwo <g4...@snowball.com> on 2001/10/23 00:09:00 UTC

[torque] multi-column primary key

How do I specify multi-column primary keys in a torque schema?

For instance, in the following schema the primary key should be made up of
"arenaClass" and "rank" together (arenaClass first).

skipSql="true">
     <column name="arenaClass" javaName="ArenaClass" required="true"
type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
     <column name="rank" required="true" type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
     <column name="name" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="40"/>

Would it be sufficient to add primaryKey="true" in both those fields or is
there another way that it should be done?

Re: [torque] multi-column primary key

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Geoff Fortytwo <g4...@snowball.com> writes:

> How do I specify multi-column primary keys in a torque schema?
>
> For instance, in the following schema the primary key should be made
> up of "arenaClass" and "rank" together (arenaClass first).

> idMethod="none" skipSql="true">
>      <column name="arenaClass" javaName="ArenaClass" required="true"
> type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
>      <column name="rank" required="true" type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
>      <column name="name" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="40"/>
>
> Would it be sufficient to add primaryKey="true" in both those fields
> or is there another way that it should be done?

That's exactly what you want.

Re: [torque] multi-column primary key

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Geoff Fortytwo wrote:

> How do I specify multi-column primary keys in a torque schema?
>
> For instance, in the following schema the primary key should be made up of
> "arenaClass" and "rank" together (arenaClass first).

> skipSql="true">
>      <column name="arenaClass" javaName="ArenaClass" required="true"
> type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
>      <column name="rank" required="true" type="INTEGER" size="3"/>
>      <column name="name" required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="40"/>
>
> Would it be sufficient to add primaryKey="true" in both those fields or is

That is sufficient.

john mcnally