Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/24 08:36:03 UTC

[m2] Is it possible to prevent warnings from a custom repository

I've established my own repository for overriding POMs in ibiblio.
This seems to work great, but I still get a warning when M2 can't find
the JAR in my repo.  It still goes to ibiblio and gets the correct
one, so I'd like to turn off the warning - especially since I'm only
overriding a few POMs and JARs.  Developers will end up seeing a whole
bunch of errors like the following.

[artifact:dependencies] Downloading: ojb/db-ojb/1.0.3/db-ojb-1.0.3.pom
[artifact:dependencies] Transferring 0K
[artifact:dependencies] Downloading: ojb/db-ojb/1.0.3/db-ojb-1.0.3.jar
[artifact:dependencies] [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository remote
(http://static.appfuse.org/repository)
[artifact:dependencies] Downloading: ojb/db-ojb/1.0.3/db-ojb-1.0.3.jar
[artifact:dependencies] Transferring 1141K

Is it possible to turn off this warning?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [m2] Is it possible to prevent warnings from a custom repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
It's fine to have your own repo with snapshots and needed things like
ojb until is fixed in ibiblio, knowing that those things are temporal
and avoiding a release depending on them, eg. removing that repo
before making a relese and be sure that everything is fine.

For your custom jars you can upload them to your namespace in ibiblio
(org.appfuse or any other of your domains)

About xwork-optional.dev.java.nen the groupId should be
net.java.dev.xwork-optional or an y other domain they own.

Regards

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.