Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Elsa Hernandez <eo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/08 00:21:23 UTC

Help! Lucene for my site

I have not been able to install Lucene correctly (Apache Tomcat 4.1), the
demo only works in the lucene directory executing some commands, but the web
version is not working!!!
I have been reading a hundred of documents and articles! If anyone knows
about a good install refernce please tell me!
Sorry for my English.
Thanks in advance.
Elsa.

Re: Help! Lucene for my site

Posted by Eric Anderson <Er...@LanRx.com>.
Best install reference I found was the one out on the Lucene site.

Is your index being written successfully? If you're able to use the command
based stuff, it's likely that it is. When you create your index, do you define
that the index will exist at /opt/lucene/index, or modify the luceneweb
application to look for your index?

Make sure that it's readable by tomcat.

Hopefully that helps...

Eric Anderson
LanRx Network Solutions

Quoting Elsa Hernandez <eo...@hotmail.com>:

> I have not been able to install Lucene correctly (Apache Tomcat 4.1), the
> demo only works in the lucene directory executing some commands, but the web
>
> version is not working!!!
> I have been reading a hundred of documents and articles! If anyone knows
> about a good install refernce please tell me!
> Sorry for my English.
> Thanks in advance.
> Elsa.

LanRx Network Solutions, Inc.
Providing Enterprise Level Solutions...On A Small Business Budget