Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/06/24 11:35:02 UTC

Workflow: action element

What is the action element within a transition good for? e.g.

   <event id="edit"/>
    <condition
class="org.apache.lenya.cms.workflow.RoleCondition">editor</condition>
    <action id="save"/>

I don't find anything within the documentation

http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/docs-new/docs/components/workflow/terms.html

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Workflow: action element

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> For instance, if you implement a custom condition class,
> this might make use of a custom type of action.

ok, re actions within a transition, I think I just do it with another
usecase instead of the "transition" usecase.

Thanks

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: Workflow: action element

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>

>> It is not used by the current implementation.
>> Originally, its purpose was to allow custom actions
>> to be invoked when a workflow transition fires
>> (which is a concept of state charts IIRC).
>>
>> At the moment, the only available action is the
>> BooleanVariableAssignment.
>

> ok, so how do I now implement a custom action for a specific transition,
> e.g. changing meta data of a document?

No, this would actually be done in the task.

The action is rather related to the workflow itself,
like this is the case with the BooleanVariableAssignment.

Re: Workflow: action element

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> It is not used by the current implementation.
> Originally, its purpose was to allow custom actions
> to be invoked when a workflow transition fires
> (which is a concept of state charts IIRC).
>
> At the moment, the only available action is the
> BooleanVariableAssignment.

ok, so how do I now implement a custom action for a specific transition,
e.g. changing meta data of a document?

Thanks

Michi

> -- Andreas