Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jing Bai <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/28 10:55:16 UTC

[ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors

Here is a bunch of hints and tips to assist users when they work with AOO
editors . They are short articles with graphics. Could community members
review them and provide comments to us?
We put them on the MediaWiki, since it is pretty straight forward. But we
have not yet link those articles in the main page category, could anyone
suggest which category is appropriate to add those tips in? Many thanks!

Document hints and tips:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_document
Spreadsheet hints and tips:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_spreadsheet
Presentation hints and tips:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_and_tips_presentation

Best regards
Betsy

Re: [ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors

Posted by Jingbai <ji...@gmail.com>.
I will move the hints and tips to
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos which is a subcategory of the Documentation page.
Thanks Juergen

Best regards
Betsy

发自我的 iPhone

在 2012-5-29,下午8:01,Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> 写道:

> On 5/28/12 4:27 PM, Jingbai wrote:
>> Thanks I think How-Tos is the best category for those tips. Will link from there.
>> And we'll change the name range page as suggested. Thanks!
>
> it is maybe also a good idea to keep the hierarchical structure and put
> all guide/articles under
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/...
>
> We introduced this hierarchical structure for different areas (e.g.
> Documentation, API, ...) and it can help to organize the whole on a
> further level besides the used category keywords
>
> The title can be shorten by using the
> {{DISPLAYTITLE:<your_short_title>}} tag to view only the last part of
> the url.
>
> The hierarchical structure can be useful if you want do some automation
> with wiki bots...
>
> I personally like this structure but I am not sure what others think
> about it. And of course it is handled differently in the wiki.
>
> Juergen
>

>> Best regards,
>> Betsy
>>
>> 发自我的 iPhone
>>
>> 在 2012-5-28,下午9:23,Regina Henschel<rb...@t-online.de>  写道:
>>
>>> Hi Betsy,

>>> I agree, that all end user help texts should only be in the MediaWiki.
>>>
>>> But I wonder, why do you not use the MediaWiki syntax.
>>>
>>> But we
>>>
>>> The MediaWiki has already a large amount of documentation. Please see the listing under category Documentation. I think your kind of articles best fit under category Documentation/How_Tos and can be linked from http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos

>>> Comment for http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Creating_named_ranges
>>>
>>> You are mixing named ranges and labels. That is confusing.
>>>
>>> For me the shortest way to generate a named range is this:
>>> 1. Select the range.
>>> 2. Type the name into the 'Name box'.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jingbai <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Betsy,

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/5/28 Jing Bai <ji...@gmail.com>:
> Document hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_document
> Spreadsheet hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_spreadsheet
> Presentation hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_and_tips_presentation

Good!

Albino

Re: [ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors

Posted by Jingbai <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ricardo:

Thank you so much for the detailed review comments and suggestions, we'll look into it and make the corresponding changes.

发自我的 iPhone

在 2012-5-28,下午5:23,RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> 写道:

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.