Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 13:40:37 UTC

JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Hello

I just got the last ICLA confirmation missing, now following.
We are still at work, ganesh and alex are working on their codebase,
since they do not have committer rights we have to do some workflow
adjustment.

I would propose following:

a) I am working today and tomorrow still on the combined codebase
cleanup, and will commit tomorrow my codebase into the ASF repo!

b) Alex and Ganesh can work on theirs, Either I fetch the changes myself
and commit them with acknowlegdgement

or

c) We go the jira route, which personally is for me the way which causes
more work because I constantly have to apply patches instead!

I personally would vote for b) what is the consensous on this?

Re: JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Though it is really cool you are doing all this job,

+1
thanks for doing that, werner!

> I believe that the way
> to go is to do it through JIRA. For instance, I have close to no spare time
> for JSF these days but I really enjoying following the development of the
> JSF 2.0 implementation through JIRA. I think that offline discussions make
> the subject more difficult to understand for the rest and even if the task
> is done effectively keeping others from the loop may harm the project when
> those who implemented the thing offline cannot help anymore to its
> maintenance. People comes and goes, so having in JIRA makes it very
> convenient.

+1
using jira is more transparent to others. People come and go, good point.
I have to second that.

> If it is not possible, I would at least create the JIRA issue containing the
> big changes and explaining what it does. At least it will be in the release
> notes...

yes, that is somewhat feasible for me as well

> Thanks for the work!

Yes, right. Werner thanks for the time.
Some to Ganesh and Alex!

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
ok jira is the way to go then even for the initial combined code commit
tomorrow...

Cheers

Werner

Re: JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Though it is really cool you are doing all this job, I believe that the way

Re: JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSF2.0 Ajax Code

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.