Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2013/12/16 18:40:25 UTC

ServerRuntime Naming

I was just talking with someone converting from 3.0 to 3.1.  He was really
confused by:

serverRuntime.getContext()

He kept saying he wanted a new one, not an existing one.  I can kind of see
his point since getChannel(), getModules(), etc all return existing things.

Is this something we should consider renaming to createContext() or
newContext()?

mrg

Re: ServerRuntime Naming

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
It was already renamed to "newContext" in 3.2 several months ago.

Re: ServerRuntime Naming

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.