Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2008/01/07 22:46:56 UTC

Re: Re[2]: Several questions about Cayenne

[Taking this thread back to the list]

On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:43 PM, <hm...@hotmail.ru> <hm...@hotmail.ru>
wrote:
> Hello again, Andrus!
>
> Thanks for such quick answer!
>
> As for questions 1, 2 and 3 that's exactly what i needed. Although i
> have no plans to recompile Cayenne. In such cases i simply put class
> with same name in same package in my project and ensure it has
> higher priority to JVM than the original one. I've done that many
> times before :)

Good one... Whatever works :-)

> For question 4 (about ROP and DataContexts) - well, i could use
> multiple contexts but i fear this leads to problems with
> synchronizing data between this contexts, and probably some
> possibilities of crashes and slow-working, doesn't it?

Actually Cayenne should take care of synchronization between peer
contexts on commit automatically. If you just have two contexts per
client, there should be no visible slowdown.

> Oh, and i think i've subscribed now
>
> Regards,
> Andrey Razumovsky.)

Cheers,