Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by wonder87 <sw...@hotmail.com> on 2019/09/07 15:49:15 UTC

How solve many cube use same UHC dimension?

I have mutiple cubes which contains some same dimension  such as  date
dimension and user dimension , user dimension is very large dimension  which
contains 16000000 records.When I build cube ,this step( Build Dimension
Dictionary ) would cost a very long time . could it be possible to build one
time, so that other cube could use it directly rather than build after
build.

Another question is when the user dimension changes, each cube would be
modified,it cost a lot,any suggestion ?

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: How solve many cube use same UHC dimension?

Posted by nichunen <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You can refer to http://kylin.apache.org/docs/install/configuration.html for some configs to speed up the step of dimensions building.

Set "kylin.engine.mr.build-uhc-dict-in-additional-step=true" will trigger additional MR jobs to build dicts for UHC dimension, may this will reduce the time cost for building dicts in your env.

For the question of dict reuse, you can set "kylin.dictionary.growing-enable=true" to enable it.

Best regards,

Ni Chunen / George

On 09/9/2019 11:17,Guosheng Lu<gu...@kyligence.io> wrote:
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/DKMKTUV1xgrpbFau5L4baw
this may be useful for resolve your question

在 2019/9/9 上午9:48,“wonder87”<sw...@hotmail.com> 写入: