Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Rishikesh Gawade <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/13 21:33:07 UTC

Issue in running 2 applications

Hello there.
I have been using Apache Apex for a while. Recently, i tried to launch 2
Apex applications simultaneously on a single Hadoop cluster. However, only
one of them entered the RUNNING state while the other one kept waiting in
ACCEPTED state and transited into RUNNING state as soon as the first app
was shut down. Could you please explain how to run 2 apps simultaneously?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rishikesh

Re: Issue in running 2 applications

Posted by Ambarish Pande <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Rishikesh,

It clearly looks like your cluster does not have enough resources. Here is
something that you can do.
You can try to lower the memory allocated to each operator in both of your
applications to be able to run both applications in available resources.

 <property>
    <name>apex.application.{appName}.operator.{opName}.attr.MEMORY_MB</name>
    <value>256</value> <!-- operator memory in mb -->
  </property>

Regards

Posted by Sandesh Hegde <sa...@datatorrent.com>.