Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/29 05:41:13 UTC

[Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 3.0.3 Release

Alright, it's taken us a bit longer than we expected to get this up to vote. Thanks for everyone who helped out. This vote will be open for roughly 72 hours.

+1 - Ready to roll
 0 - don't care
 -1 - Not ready because...

~Prescott

RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 3.0.3 Release

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
This URL would help: http://people.apache.org/~pnasser/Lucene.Net/3.0.3-RC1/

Also, +1

~P

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
My opinion may not have much weight since a) I didn't contribute to this
release and b) I didn't take time to verify this release.. but the Apache
Way is what defines our project, and the voting process is integral to
that.

That's not a very convincing vote objectively, but passing by default
should be our response to a lackluster voting response.

Since we're so far behind on delivery schedule, I say, +1 to release.

Thanks,
Troy

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I've been meaning to get around to voting, but I didn't want to
do a blind vote without actually taking the time to look at the
packages and I have only now had the time to do so.  The code is good,
but I can't give a positive vote yet.

-1

RAT is showing several files that are missing licenses.  I'll work on
that right now and hopefully get something committed soon.  Here are a
few other things I found, relating to the root text files:

CHANGES.TXT
-- Minor, but on the first line (not yet released) should be removed
from "3.0.3 trunk (not yet released)"
-- Minor, a few lines down ArgumentOurOfRangeException should be
ArgumentOutOfRangeException

README.TXT
-- Minor, we mention Lucene.NET is compiled against .NET 4.0, we
should reword that to add in .NET 3.5 as well
-- Under documentation, we are listing the 2.9.4 docs, whose API is
significantly different from 3.0.3.  It is also using the old
incubator website
-- Under additional libraries, a url is pointing to the old incubator
svn repo and an old version (2.9.4)

What is the plan on uploading the documentation?  Changing those lines
relies on where that documentation will be hosted.

Thanks,
Christopher

Posted by Patric Forsgard <pa...@tasteful.se>.
Hi.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-10-05, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> Stefan, I know you're a bit busy but could you run ANT? (I think we
> are pretty safe here)

I see Christopher has run RAT by now, I also found a few files without
licenses.  Personally I'd remove a few .user files from svn and the
release (and add them to svnignore) but that wouldn't be a release
blocker.

Just to double check, the (fixable) files I found lacking the license
header are

src/contrib/Analyzers/Contrib.Analyzers.csproj.user
src/contrib/DistributedSearch/LuceneMonitorSetup/LuceneMonitorSetup.vdproj
src/core/Support/Compatibility/ConcurrentDictionary.cs
src/core/Support/Compatibility/Func.cs
src/demo/Demo.Common/Demo.Common.csproj.user

Stefan

RE: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 3.0.3 Release

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>.
+1, I've been using the 3.0.3 RC for some time without any problems.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
+1, 3.0.3 is probably even more stable than 2.9.4 at this point. RavenDB
pre-release is running on it for quite a while now without real issues.

Posted by Kieran Logan <ki...@roleconnect.com>.