Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/01/24 19:04:34 UTC

StandardStore and XAResource

Hello Remy,

To my opinion the StandardStore does not need to implement the XAResource
interface. Only the child stores need to. Do you agree? If yes, I want to
remove this dependency. What do you think?

Best regards

Juergen Pill

Re: StandardStore and XAResource

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello Remy,
>
> To my opinion the StandardStore does not need to implement the XAResource
> interface. Only the child stores need to. Do you agree? If yes, I want to
> remove this dependency. What do you think?

If you're talking about the empty XAResource methods implementations in
AbstractStore, then yes, they can be removed (were you talking about that
?). At some point, I thought I would have a use for them, but instead I
decided I should directly enlist the child stores in the transaction (which
obviously was the right decision).

Also, thanks for making the logger pluggable. That's very useful :)

Remy