Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Amin Abbaspour <am...@consultants.datarepublic.io> on 2017/01/18 04:40:45 UTC

Hive JDBC with ZooKeeper Discovery and Kerberos Principal

Hi,

In case of HA JDBC connectivity to multiple Hive servers with ZooKeeper
discovery, what’s the correct value for principal’s hostname attribute?

jdbc:
hive2://zookeeper_quorum/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zookeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2;princpal=hive/????@REALM

In normal JDBC we have the thrift server hostname but here it is not known
initially and is discovered by zookeeper.

Regards,
Amin

Re: Hive JDBC with ZooKeeper Discovery and Kerberos Principal

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
Did you tried

jdbc:hive2://<ZOOKEEPER QUORUM>/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver;principal=hive/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM;transportMode=http;httpPath=cliservice