Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Fabio Noferi <fn...@usl4.toscana.it> on 2004/02/03 17:56:52 UTC

asset / ac Auth

2 question

1) "upload new asset" don't work correctly, i can't upload nothing. (i user latest night build)

2) AC Auth, after chage , Add and remove some authorization correctly, the system don't cange the permission.

thanks
fabio

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> writes:

> Christian Egli wrote:

> > Oh, yes, good point. I changed the wording as follows:
> > #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > # Enable multipart requests (for security reasons turned off by
> > default. # Uncomment to enable)
> > #enable.uploads=true
> > Does that seem more logical?
>
> Looks good.

Thanks. I checked it in.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com>.
Christian Egli wrote:
> Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> writes:
>

>>However, it is counter-intuitive to provide a comment line in a
>>configuration file saying that the function is initially disabled
>>whilst providing a commented out line that says the function is
>>enabled.
>>
>>With most configuration files a default value is usually the one
>>commented out so it at least provides you with an idea of the
>>configuration directive and also the the default value it is
>>configured to take.
>

> Oh, yes, good point. I changed the wording as follows:
>

> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Enable multipart requests (for security reasons turned off by default.
> # Uncomment to enable)
>
> #enable.uploads=true
>
> Does that seem more logical?

Looks good.

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com>.
Christian Egli wrote:
> "Fabio Noferi" <fn...@usl4.toscana.it> writes:
>

>>2 question
>>
>>1) "upload new asset" don't work correctly, i can't upload nothing. (i user latest night build)
>

> Did you enable uploads in build.properties?
>
> enable.uploads=true

I have noticed the same problem. More importantly I have looked at the
build.properties file and indeed I believe you are right.

However, it is counter-intuitive to provide a comment line in a
configuration file saying that the function is initially disabled whilst
providing a commented out line that says the function is enabled.

With most configuration files a default value is usually the one
commented out so it at least provides you with an idea of the
configuration directive and also the the default value it is configured
to take.

My interpretation perhaps but it seems logical.

Regards

Peter

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.

Re: asset / ac Auth

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Fabio Noferi wrote:

> i change/delete permission on home page in 'ac auth' (editor,admin,rewiever
> are visitor) , after that
> the menu edit is disable.
> ..and that is correct
> but when i try to delete the permission or add different permission (as
> editor or rewiever) the Edit menu is evriting disabled.
>
> i see the C:\Lenya\build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\default\config\ac\ ... xml
> file with the permission, all seem correct.
>
> ps.: that is only for the home page (HOME)

can you file a bug?

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya