Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2012/10/29 02:33:26 UTC

Re: Maven version in release WAS: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round

On 28/10/2012, at 5:04 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

>> I noticed line like this:
>>
>> [INFO] Installing
>>> /private/tmp/cloudstack/apache-cloudstack-4.0.0-incubating-src/pom.xml to
>>> /Users/nslater/.m2/repository/org/apache/cloudstack/cloudstack/4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/cloudstack-4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>> [INFO]
>>>
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Building Apache CloudStack Utils 4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>> [INFO]
>>

>> Any idea why that says incubating-SNAPSHOT?
>
> That's the default build version. If we do a binary release, it would
> be changed via the maven release tools.

Sorry to have glazed over that. While it's not a blocker for the release, it is potentially confusing. I'd suggest changing the release process next time around to get the Maven version right on the tag and source release.

Here is how the Maven project approaches it: http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-core-release.html

- Brett

--
Brett Porter