Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vincent hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/01 23:42:49 UTC

Temporary bug in filterRegions.svg

Hello,

If you try to view filterRegions.svg, you will get a
NullPointerException.
I will correct this as soon as I have CVS access (I do not right now),
which should
be tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
V.

| Vincent Hardy                   vincent.hardy@eng.sun.com |
| Scalable Vector Graphics            XML Technology Center |
| 650-786-4066                          Menlo Park, CA, USA |

Text selection update

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Hi folks:

I have rehabilitated the SimpleTextDemo (from the hackathon) and
it is now runnable again.  Sorry, no new features (except that
a few spurious "unknown selection type" messages are produced in
the console along with the correct selection status messages).

I have changed four files:

	test/gvt/GVTDemoLauncher.java
	test/gvt/SimpleTextDemo.java

	gvt/GraphicsNodeRenderContext.java
		(my changes may clash with othre recent updates, I will
		check and correct in the next hour)
	refimpl/gvt/renderer/StaticRenderer.java
		(subject to change very soon - this is a transient version)

The SimpleTextDemo can be run thus:

	java -cp classes org.apache.batik.test.gvt.GVTDemoLauncher
org.apache.batik.test.SimpleTextDemo

Also, if the "commented out" lines in StaticRenderer.initSelectors() are
restored, you should get text selection (albeit slightly buggy) in the
viewer.  The "click" selection worked OK at last check, but the
"drag" selection was not right yet.  Will fix ASAP tomorrow...

Vincent pointed out that the AbstractMethod problems might be
out-of-sync classes, rfixable with clean+compile;
I can't confirm since ant compile fails at the moment, and I must sign
off
now (23:30 GMT).

-Bill