Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Peremsky <mp...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/03 16:25:08 UTC

Noob trying to figure out JavaMail

I am trying send emails in the app I am creating.I know from the examples that I can use

  Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
Session session = (Session) envCtx.lookup("mail/Session");
  Message msg = new MimeMessage(session)
  msg.addRecipients(recp);
  msg.addFrom(from);
  msg.setContent(messageText, "text/plain");
  Transport.send(msg)

  However, I would prefer to set up the MailSession by passing in a properties list to the similar to:

  Session mailSession = Session.getInstance(mailProperties, null);
  Message msg = new MimeMessage(session)
  msg.addRecipients(recp);
  msg.addFrom(from);
  msg.setContent(messageText, "text/plain");
  Transport.send(msg)

  mailhost is defined in my host file as: 10.1.1.120

  I also have the following defined in my web.xml:

  <resource-ref>
      <res-ref-name>mail/Session</res-ref-name>
      <res-type>java.xmail.Session</res-type>
     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

I am not sure what is missing from my machine. I have set my host, timout and debug flags. When I try to send the email I now get the message: java.net.NoRouteToHostException.

  Is thi smessage coming because I am currently not hooked up to a network? Do I need to set up something else on my server? Do I need network connectivity?

  TIA

  - Mike

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.