Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chandu <ch...@translogicsys.com> on 2004/04/02 13:30:05 UTC

Accessing JNDI resource bound in tomcat

Hi,

I have one resource made bound in tomcat. Lets assume that its name is mysqlds and the
resource type is javax.sql.DataSource. The connection pooling, jdbc driver classes and other
supporting classes are all deployed tomcat. Now I have a test case which uses the mysqlds
resource to create connections.

Now I want to lookup that resource from testcase. The test case shall be executed in a different
process i.e., its a standalone junit execution. The tomcat server is located somewhere else in the
network. If my test case looks up the resource using the javax.naming.InitialContext it is reporting
error to set the inital context factory class.

Tomcat is running in a JVM at some other place, and my testcase is running at another place in the
same network in a different JVM.

How do I access the resource bound in tomcat from the testcase?

- Chandu.