Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by seph <se...@directionless.org> on 2004/02/18 19:01:37 UTC

JkMount and /*/servlet/

I'd like to have apache proxy all jsp and servlets to an underlying
tomcat, but I'm having some trouble getting the JkMount directives
right. I have:

  JkMount /*.jsp local
  JkMount /*/servlet/ local

which are pretty much from the docs. using those I get the following:

localhost/foo/test.jsp               tomcat
localhost/foo/bar/test.jsp           tomcat
localhost/servlet/                   apache
localhost/foo/servlet/               tomcat
localhost/foo/bar/servlet/           apache

This is a bit weird, because the * is behaving differently in the 2
cases. Is there a simple way to use JkMount so all that goes to
tomcat, or am I going to need to make explicate entries for each URL?
I've tried a couple permutations of the *, but always the same result.

System is debian testing, mod-jk is 1.2.5, tomcat is 4.0.4, apache is 1.3.29

thanks
seph

Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

Posted by seph <se...@directionless.org>.
Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@terra.es> writes:

> would ...
>
> JkMount /* local
>
> ... do the job?

no, because I don't want everything to go to tomcat. just the servlets
and jsp files.

seph

Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@terra.es>.
Hi,

would ...

JkMount /* local

... do the job?

Antonio Fiol

Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

Posted by seph <se...@directionless.org>.
> Ive seen cases where one JkMount setting conflicts with another JkMount
> setting.
>
> Try moving the first JkMount setting to the bottom or remove it totally
> even. See if that works.

I tried commenting everything out, and only enable 1 thing at a
time. I still couldn't get a JkMount directive to match anythign with
servlet in it.

seph

Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

Posted by Thomas Tang <Th...@thestreet.com>.
Ive seen cases where one JkMount setting conflicts with another JkMount
setting.

Try moving the first JkMount setting to the bottom or remove it totally
even. See if that works.

Thomas

seph <se...@directionless.org>
02/18/2004 01:25 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

> Did you try ?
>
> JkMount /*/servlet/* local

yes. with that nothing get's to tomcat, apache gives errors for
everything. I also tried /*/*/servlet/ apache doesn't like *servlet*,
saying the context must start with /, and /*servlet* still sends
everything to apache.

seph

Re: JkMount and /*/servlet/

Posted by seph <se...@directionless.org>.