Posted to user@drill.apache.org by witkowski anton <an...@live.ru> on 2019/12/16 20:30:27 UTC

JSON API

hi, Drill Team!
I have a few questions regarding JSON API.
It has POST /query and GET /profiles/cancel/[queryId] endpoints.
I’m just wondering why it doesn’t allow you to run a query in background?
It will be useful to have query id and check its status or cancel using the cancellation endpoint.
Why do you need the cancellation endpoint if you can’t easily get the query id?
Is it only for building UIs or there is a way to automate query managing process via JSON API?

Thank you!

Re: JSON API

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Anton,

It wouldn't be so hard to add such a capability, but most
applications/users so far are OK with a synchronous API.

The interface is pretty simple, however. Would you be interested in
contributing to an asynchronous alternative? Or at least the design of such
a thing?