Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/18 23:31:05 UTC

Production Runs and ATP

When confirming a production run we know what is intended to go in the
production run (the raw materials) and what is intended to go out (the
finished product).

Shouldn't at that moment the ATP of the products involved be adjusted
accordingly?
Meaning for the raw materials a decrease of the ATP and for the finished
product an increase of the ATP.

What do you think?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

Re: Production Runs and ATP

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback, Jacques.

The default action to start a production run is the 'Confirm' action. On
this action the ATP should be adjusted, I guess...

But there is also a 'Schedule' action. What that does I don't grasp yet.

With regards to execution of the production runs I foresee following
business cases/scenarios:

1. The production run is executed without any adjustments on materials
(as-is - the happy flow, with no returns to inventory of components or
ingredients) - no adjustment on ATP needed, QoH of components will be
adjusted accordingly when goods are released to production run.

2. The production run is executed with adjustments on materials (returns to
inventory) - adjustment on ATP equal to the quantity that is returned in
order to match QoH. This adjustment should occur on the same date-time as
the goods are returned from production.

3. The production run is executed and has a production of less than
intended (rejected end products) with adjustment on materials (see 2) -
besides the adjustments on ATP of materials (as described in 2) also an
adjustment on the ATP of the end product is required to get a match between
ATP and QoH. The adjustment should occur on the date-time of the
declaration of the rejected goods.

It might be that I miss some scenarios, but I will create a JIRA regarding
this and will adjust that accordingly when new aspects arise.

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Smits

Re: Production Runs and ATP