Posted to serf-dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/09/02 11:30:19 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-serf/test .cvsignore Makefile.in serf_get.c

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 09:15:29AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    2002/09/02 02:15:29
>
>   Modified:    .        .cvsignore Makefile.in configure.in
>                base     Makefile.in serf_bucket_authentication.c
>                         serf_bucket_header.c serf_connection.c
>                         serf_request.c
>                build    apr_common.m4 config_vars.mk.in rules.mk.in
>                include  serf.h serf_buckets.h
>   Added:       .        .gdbinit config.layout
>                base     serf_bucket_request_line.c serf_filters.c
>                         serf_open_url.c
>                build    get-version.sh mkdir.sh
>                include  serf_version.h
>                test     .cvsignore Makefile.in serf_get.c
>   Log:
>   Start coding something that can retrieve web pages.  (see test/serf_get)
>
>   Massive changes, but worth checkpointing for now.  We can clean up any
>   cruft later.  There are some definite holes in our API that we need to
>   address, but there are some pretty nifty things we can offer.

Okay, so it's not perfect, but this should allows us enough of a
bootstrap so we can actually play around with some of our ideas.

The filtering ordering code is pretty much a hack and is where we
really need to consider more.

Some other things are a bit wonky.  I'd suggest splitting up the
metadata and data into two brigades, but always pass them together.
The problem right now is you have no idea when the headers end -
ick.  EOH (EOM?) doesn't seem right...

Anyway, this commit is just meant as a cattle prod in the right
direction.  -- justin