Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jonathan P Franzone <jo...@franzone.com> on 2001/11/08 06:22:56 UTC

Turbine Installation

I just downloaded Turbine and want to install and evaluate it. I've read all
of the documentation on the Apache site. My question is: can you install
Turbine on top of an existing Tomcat installation. The "TDK" comes with it's
own version of Tomcat, but I don't want to just throw my existing
install/configuration out the window. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Re: Turbine Installation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/8/01 12:22 AM, "Jonathan P Franzone" <jo...@franzone.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded Turbine and want to install and evaluate it. I've read all
> of the documentation on the Apache site. My question is: can you install
> Turbine on top of an existing Tomcat installation. The "TDK" comes with it's
> own version of Tomcat, but I don't want to just throw my existing
> install/configuration out the window. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It is highly recommended that you evaluate Turbine using the TDK. If you try
it and like it than you can always copy the contents of the TDK generated
application into your current setup. What the TDK is completely self
contained so that you can take the contents your /webapps/<your-tdk-app>
and place it in the /webapps directory of your prefered servlet container
setup.

I will add to the list of things to do the creation of a WAR archive for the
Turbine sample app so people can just drop it into their favourite servlet
container. But for now your best option is to generate the sample app with
the TDK and copy it into your setup.

> Jonathan

jvz.

Jason van Zyl