Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/04 12:38:21 UTC

Pre-installed?

It seems like there is no mailing list for discussion, so I try this
question here. I hope it won't upset anyone. My apologies if it does.

These days many, if not all, of the popular GNU/Linux-distributions comes
with LibreOffice pre-installed. Actually I can't think of any one that
comes with Apache OpenOffice. Anyone who knows at least one?

I know there are a few distributions that comes with neither of them,
though.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Pre-installed?

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It seems like there is no mailing list for discussion, so I try this
> question here. I hope it won't upset anyone. My apologies if it does.

Hi,  Johnny --

We use dev@openoffice.apache.org (copied on this reply) for discussion.

> These days many, if not all, of the popular GNU/Linux-distributions comes
> with LibreOffice pre-installed. Actually I can't think of any one that
> comes with Apache OpenOffice. Anyone who knows at least one?
>
> I know there are a few distributions that comes with neither of them,
> though.
>

> Kind regards
>

> Johnny Rosenberg

To my knowledge, (Apache) OpenOffice has not been either pre-installed or
part of the "standard" repositories for any Linux distribution for at least
3.5 - 4 years. Some of our volunteers have made it available through
community repositories, however.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu

Re: Pre-installed?

Posted by Daniel DeFoe <da...@gmail.com>.
Johnny Rosenberg, - You wrote a response about “Pre Installed”, essentially
I have a computer with a physical Croatian keyboard, that responds much
like an English speaking keyboard. The computer is for a language class
that I have just started taking, and it was bought second hand, with only
factory set standards from the shop. I knew of Open Office from a friend,
who said an important point, “Free” due to limited budgetary constraints, I
thought that this might help me to get buy at this time. So I went to the
OpenOffice site and downloaded the suite of programs. However I think there
is a lot of information that I will need to learn about in order to get
this to work properly.

I have begun the reading.

Sincerely

Daniel DeFoe