Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tobias Anstett <to...@iaas.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2008/09/03 16:25:06 UTC

SOAP Faults and the SOAP specification

Hi,

I am a little bit confused of the SOAP12 implementation of axis2 (1.4). When
my web service throws a standard AxisFault without specifying the fault code
manually, soapUI receives the following message:

   <soapenv:Body>

      <soapenv:Fault>

         <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>

         <faultstring>unknown</faultstring>

         <detail/>

      </soapenv:Fault>

   </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

The reason for this post is that I am not familiar with the fault code
"Server", because the soap 1.2 specification states that there are only the
following fault codes:

(http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part1-20030624/#faultcodes)

-          VersionMismatch

-          MustUnderstand

-          DataEncodingUnknown

-          Sender

-          Receiver

So, have I got something wrong ?

Cheers, Tobias

P.S.: I know how to set the code manually, this question is just for my
understanding of axis and soap

Re: SOAP Faults and the SOAP specification

Posted by Markus Tost <da...@gmx.net>.
Moin,

the FaultCode relates to SOAP 1.1. As the namespace of your Enevelop is
SOAP 1.1 NS, "Server" is correct here.

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383510

Cheers,
Markus