Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Humberto Hernandez <hh...@itweb.com.mx> on 2001/08/01 17:33:47 UTC

Anakia:Error with international characters

I am using Anakia with XML content files written in spanish. But it complains
when it encounters the accented letters. I have been looking for information
in the Xerces site thinking that it may be a parsing problem but the
information is too technical and it only gives you references to the RFC and
ISO standards.

--
  Humberto

Re: Anakia:Error with international characters

Posted by Szegedi Attila <sz...@freemail.hu>.
Do you have proper encoding subdeclaration in the xml declaration? I mean,
does your XML starts with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-x"?>

(where x is the ISO codepage you use). If you use UTF16 or UTF8 then you
don't need it, and I'm just guessing (not much other I could do in absence
of a concrete exception stack trace).

Attila.