Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov> on 2011/11/17 22:16:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Accumulo 1.3.5-incubating

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo (incubating) version 1.3.5.  This will be the first incubator release for Accumulo.

This candidate has received 4 binding +1 votes (1 IPMC, 3 PPMC) and 1 non-binding +1 vote, with no -1 votes.  We need 2 additional IPMC votes for release.

The PPMC vote result can be found here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-accumulo-dev/201111.mbox/%3c1465679136.27503.1321560055469.JavaMail.root@linzimmb04o.imo.intelink.gov%3e

The Accumulo release process is described here:
  http://incubator.apache.org/accumulo/governance/releasing.html

Tarball, checksums, signatures:
  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/accumulo-1.3.5rc6/

SVN tag:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/accumulo/tags/1.3.5rc6/

Keys:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/accumulo/KEYS

The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.

Thanks,
Billie

Re: [VOTE] Release Accumulo 1.3.5-incubating

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I think that http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what could use
some clarification in the very first paragraph, and then I think that
I want to see what, if any, links to it exist at the incubator.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Sebb,

I was wrong.

--benson

Re: [VOTE] Release Accumulo 1.3.5-incubating

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Sebb,

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
On Friday, November 18, 2011 9:42:08 AM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> > Also, one or two Java files which don't have AL headers (and don't
> > appear to be autogenerated).
>
> It does not appear in the Rat report. What file did you find?

I found the files.  I think we had assumed rat would automatically check all the submodules, but it didn't (or wasn't configured to do so).  I'm working on this.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Nov 18, 2011, at 4:12 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 17 November 2011 21:16, Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo (incubating) version 1.3.5.  This will be the first incubator release for Accumulo.
>>
>> This candidate has received 4 binding +1 votes (1 IPMC, 3 PPMC) and 1 non-binding +1 vote, with no -1 votes.  We need 2 additional IPMC votes for release.
>>
>> The PPMC vote result can be found here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-accumulo-dev/201111.mbox/%3c1465679136.27503.1321560055469.JavaMail.root@linzimmb04o.imo.intelink.gov%3e
>>
>> The Accumulo release process is described here:
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/accumulo/governance/releasing.html
>>
>> Tarball, checksums, signatures:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/accumulo-1.3.5rc6/
>
> -1
> There's no source release.
> Yes, the source is included with the binary, but ASF primary goal is
> to release source; binaries are optional and extra.

I'm confused.  If all the required source needed to completely construct the product how is that not a source release?

> Also, one or two Java files which don't have AL headers (and don't
> appear to be autogenerated).

It does not appear in the Rat report.  What file did you find?

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Accumulo 1.3.5-incubating

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.