Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2011/03/04 12:47:53 UTC

new commits to branches/rivet-namespace

New commits to branches/rivet-namespace were done yesterday.

  *) Manual pages concerning the command set were changed to account for
the fact that commands have to be prefixed with their namespace

  *) Rivet examples were changed accordingly

  *) New pages concerning undocumented Tcl commands (scripts in
rivet/rivet-tcl) were written and added to the manual.

  *) Recent development in trunk was merged into
branches/rivet-namespace. The results of the merge went to the repo with
the commit.

I withdraw the proposal to reintegrate this branch into trunk now. I'd
like to put it off and have more tests done on this.

Particularly, if someone is willing to help I'd appreciate if this
branch could be tested by others.

I'm pretty confident the code has minor problems (if any), still it
bothers me the fact I could not require package 'rivetlib' (formerly
called 'rivet') provided in src/rivetPkgInit.c from the code in
mod_rivet.c. It still causes a weird segfault in Apache apparently not
related to Rivet's code per se, but to some misguided mechanism in the
dynamic loader. This could be a problem of my Debian installations and
I'd like to know if it goes away on other systems. Package 'rivetlib'
can be safely requested from init scripts or page generating scripts,
but just in case someone wants to try, the code at line 941 in
mod_rivet.c can be reenabled by removing the comments to see what happens.

thanks for your attention and patience, if you have read this message up
to the end....

  -- Massimo