Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2018/03/02 17:47:56 UTC

Planned Features for Fineract 1.2 Release

Hi all,

Just so we can keep in line with the target that we had given initially
around dates for the 1.2 release, here's a pseudo-announcement of the
release.

The features that were ready as of the cut-off dates during our planning
period have been tagged and put in this fix version:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FINERACT/versions/12342856

They include the Swagger API Documentation by Chirag Sanyam and GSIM/GLIM
enhancements by Nikhil.

Apart from small issues or enhancements that I might have missed that are
already complete, for 1.2 we won't be shipping any major work apart from
there.

We're getting our boards configured to visualize the planning for each
release and are now starting the planning for 1.3 so if you have work that
you're planning to contribute, please make sure it has a corresponding JIRA
ticket.

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Planned Features for Fineract 1.2 Release

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
For the sake of transparency to the community, we're going to miss the
target ship date of this Fineract 1.2 release which was today, March 28.

We've not been able to begin QA yet because we still need to review and
merge the pull requests for features that were ready to be shipped
documented at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FINERACT/versions
/12342856

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FINERACT/versions/12342856>These
include:

Swagger API work: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/409
GSIM & GLIM work: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/445
Support for MySQL 5.7: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/448
Fix for Fineract-546: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/446
Fix for Fineract-574: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/441
Fix for Fineract-431: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/437

Fineract committers, could you please help with review of these pull
requests so we can move towards the monthly release cycle the community's
been yearning for.

Thanks,

Ed

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.