Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Gary Jarrel <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/28 04:14:22 UTC

Cayenne Model XML

Hi Guys!

Interestingly enough was following the thread on the Raw XML vs
Modeler, and today had to make some changes to the model which I could
only do via the modifications to the XML - well because it was
quicker!

Anyway, I noticed that each db-entity has a catalog field, what is the
purpose of this field? Does it have to be the same for all the
db-entities and what would happen if it's different?

Thank you!

Gary

Re: Cayenne Model XML

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Sep 28, 2007, at 5:14 AM, Gary Jarrel wrote:

> Anyway, I noticed that each db-entity has a catalog field, what is the
> purpose of this field? Does it have to be the same for all the
> db-entities and what would happen if it's different?

Catalog is currently ignored by Cayenne runtime. It is only used in
relationships reengineering and maybe some other metadata tasks.
Likely got populated in your model also during reverse engineering.

Andrus