Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vi...@tcs.com on 2006/02/14 07:40:25 UTC

FOP-PDF not opening

Hi,

We have used FOP for generation of PDF reports in our application.
PDF reports opens in IE browser.
The reports are working fine in our environment  but at our client site
PDF does not open. Screen hangs and all system resources are used by
AcroRd32.exe.
Please help. Is there any setting which is creating problem.!!!!

Regards,
Vishwas Dubey
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: vishwas.dubey@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: FOP-PDF not opening

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
vishwas.dubey@tcs.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have used FOP for generation of PDF reports in our application.
> PDF reports opens in IE browser.
> The reports are working fine in our environment  but at our client site
> PDF does not open. Screen hangs and all system resources are used by
> AcroRd32.exe*.*
> Please help. Is there any setting which is creating problem.!!!!

I'm sorry we can't help you without more information. Starting with:

FOP Version,
OS Version
Java Version

and an FO Sample which demonstrates the problem.

Chris

Re: FOP-PDF not opening

Posted by John Burgess <jo...@riskdecisions.com>.
I seem to remember us having this problem with a version of acrobat
reader.  Upgrading acrobat reader on the affected machines fixed it.

I'd try and find out what versions of acrobat are being used.

Best wishes

John Burgess
Risk Decisions Limited
Buchan House
Parkway Court
Oxford Business Park South
OX4 2JY

T: 01865 718666
F: 01865 718600
M: 07984 863890
E: john.burgess@riskdecisions.com
W: http://www.riskdecisions.com

Re: FOP-PDF not opening

Posted by Edward McMasters <ed...@yahoo.com>.
Vishwas,

I am by no means an expert but I have had situations
where the PDF will open on one server but not on
others.  In my case it was related to images opening
in the PDF and me needing to set the java.awt.headless
property.  This does not sound like your problem
though.  It sounds like you have the same server but
different clients.  Perhaps you could give some more
info on what the differences are between clients and
capture the FOP log.

HTH.

Edward