Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rajesh J Advani <ra...@wipro.com> on 2001/05/25 18:21:33 UTC

DOM2Writer attribute order bug

I'm using SOAP2.1, and Xerces 1.3.0

On calling DOM2Writer.nodeToString(), what I get in the string is the
attributes of any element in what seems like Alphabetical order.

Is this a known problem, or is this how it's supposed to behave?

TIA,
--
Rajesh J Advani

Re: DOM2Writer attribute order bug

Posted by Rajesh J Advani <ra...@wipro.com>.
> Its not a bug .. attributes are not ordered in the DOM.

Ah yes. I found that out. But I could swear I had got a validation error
at one time. But it's not there now, so that's ok.

> The actual order is implementation dependent.
> I would be surprised if they did come back in
> alphabetical order instead of the creation order.

Well they do come back in alphabetical order. Surprised me too.

Posted by Rajesh J Advani <ra...@wipro.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Its not a bug .. attributes are not ordered in the DOM. The
actual order is implementation dependent. I would be surprised
if they did come back in alphabetical order instead of the
creation order.

Sanjiva.