Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by colin saxton <co...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/07/12 13:34:58 UTC

jar install plugin (maven)

Just wondering! The jar:install goal copies the jar to the local
repository even if there are no changes since overwrite is set to
true...This can be a problem when using the reactor since all of your
subcomponents will now have new dates set against jars in the
repository...it just causes unnecessary builds...can we just set
this to false or would it cause problems?

RE: jar install plugin (maven)

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

jar:install attains jar:jar so the jar created will have the current date,
it will always override the one in the repository.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project