Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Bartlett <ro...@digitalphx.com> on 2006/01/12 17:21:09 UTC

RE: getting spamassassin learn to separate spam from ham, postfix and exchange

Perhaps you can use fetchmail on the linux box? With some help I was able to
create a fetchmail script that did the following:

1. Look for account info for fetchmail via a mysql database
2. Grab the email from that account using fetchmail
3. Feed it to SA on the linux box and filter it like a normal email to the
linux mailbox

That way you can use your normal filters, such as maildrop, to determine if
it is spam or ham and move them to the appropriate location based on the
scoring. Perhaps you could create a single mailbox where the email gets
delivered to from the fetchmail script and have a ham and spam folder. Then
if it is spam it goes into the spam folder and visa versa for ham. That way
the majority stuff is done automatically. I just setup the fetchmail script
as a cron that checks every 15 minutes.

Robert