Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eric DE MAULDE <er...@free.fr> on 2008/12/11 11:42:56 UTC

multilingual Sub-content and alternate locale

Hi,

By exemple for web site policies http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/policies
I would like to display multilingual text with alternate locale.
Even if I add alternate locale to the "policies" content,
it doesn't work. Policies are always in English !

In ecommerce/.../commonScreens.xml

<screen name="policies">
        <sub-content content-id="WebStoreCONTENT" map-key="policies"/>

How can I change this line to display multilingual content ?

Eric

Re: multilingual Sub-content and alternate locale

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, you are right. I did not use the alternate servlet. I will have a look.

Jacques

From: "Eric DE MAULDE" <er...@free.fr>

From: "Eric DE MAULDE" <er...@free.fr>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
In r751072 I have fixed an issue I had introduced recently. I have also updated http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/_AM to reflect the UI as it
works now

Jacques

From: "masionas" <mi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Have you used the UI following http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/_AM or an xml file ?

Yes, if you set some locales then you have to put all the ones you want to use, as comment explains

Jacques

From: "masionas" <mi...@gmail.com>

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "masionas" <mi...@gmail.com>

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "masionas" <mi...@softasap.net>

Posted by masionas <mi...@softasap.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.
The two demo data files demonstrate how to handle different languages for
category and product. It appears to only address "name" and "description"
fields.
DemoProductI18nData.xml
DemoProductCategoriesI18nData.xml

What would be the best way to localise other other product meta data such as
product features?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Malin Nicolas <ma...@librenberry.net>.
Eric DE MAULDE a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> By exemple for web site policies http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/policies
> I would like to display multilingual text with alternate locale.
> Even if I add alternate locale to the "policies" content,
> it doesn't work. Policies are always in English !
>
> In ecommerce/.../commonScreens.xml
>
> <screen name="policies">
>         <sub-content content-id="WebStoreCONTENT" map-key="policies"/>
>
> How can I change this line to display multilingual content ?
>
> Eric

Hi Eric, you can create a policy with your language without change the
code. You just need associate a data resource associate to
WebStoreContent with your locale. If my rebember are good ;)

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant