Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Lin Chen <li...@foxmail.com> on 2015/03/23 06:17:38 UTC

Re: [Kerby] Two new contributors

Hi Kiran,
    I am sorry for the typo and misunderstanding. I request that making them as contributors (i.e grant the assign rights). For they can not assign jiras now, is it cause by they are not contributors?

Regards,
Lin

From:  "Kiran Ayyagari";<ka...@apache.org>;
Date:  Mon, Mar 23, 2015 12:08 PM
To:  "Apache Directory Developers List"<de...@directory.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [Kerby] Two new contributers

Hi Lin,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Lin Chen <li...@foxmail.com> wrote:
Hi Emmanuel,
    Liqi Yi and Jiajia Li are want to contribute for Kerby. Jiajia has contributed 2 patches in DIRKRB-180 and DIRKRB-181. Could you please add them to the list of contributers? Their ids and emails are below:
this is a great news, but I am assuming that you are asking to make them as committers (i.e to grant the commit rights)?
if so  please note that they are free to volunteer and first, like all of us here, should start contributing by attaching the
patches to the respective JIRAs they are working on and after sufficient contributions they may be formally invited by the
PMC to become a committer.

Please see this page for more information http://directory.apache.org/contribute.html

Please do not hesitate to ask any of us if you have any further questions.

   Liqi Yi: yiliqi, ‍yiliqi@gmail.com‍
    Jiajia Li: jiajia, ‍jiajia.li@intel.com‍

and I welcome them, personally, for their interest in Kerby :)

    Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Lin

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

RE: [Kerby] Two new contributors

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks Emmanuel a lot!

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.

Posted by Lin Chen <li...@foxmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Lin

From:  "elecharny";<el...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Mar 24, 2015 11:29 AM
To:  "dev"<de...@directory.apache.org>;

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Zheng, Kai <ka...@intel.com> wrote:

>  Hi Kiran,
>

> >> it is not possible unless they were given commit rights
>
> I guess Emmanuel could clarify that it’s not true. Guys in a list can be
> assigned to JIRAs, even not committer yet. Actually before Lin is a
> committer, we can assign JIRAs to her, with Emmanuel’s change.
>
> i see, I have to check that and see if I have required permissions to
perform this

> >> we don't generally give much importance to assigning bugs, just let
> them work on it and attach the patches
>
> I understand the practice. A headache for me is that there’re potential
> contributors asking me what they could contribute. I can’t just simply tell
> them, “look at all the tasks not assigned yet, pick what you like and work
> on them”. I have to remember who is working or would work on which, then
> assure not conflict. That’s an overhead for me.

understood

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com