Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2012/05/08 15:54:52 UTC

[URGENT] Broken download link

The download binaries link from
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ is broken
--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
It's OK, I got Rob in chat, he's fixing.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 8 May 2012 14:54:52 +0100
Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:

> The download binaries link from
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ is broken

Working for me now from Ireland at 15:10 UTC+1 (your message + 15 mins)

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 8 May 2012 15:09, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 5/8/12 3:54 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> The download binaries link from
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ is broken
>

> I don't see the problem, it works for me. Can somebody else confirm the
> problem ...

Rob was fast ;-)

Ross

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> James Lee wrote:
>>
>> On page:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
>>
>> Checksums  "ASC, MD5, SHA1, SHA512" is broken:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
>

> I didn't fix it to avoid overlapping but the right link is
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html
>
> (both for "ASC, MD5, ..." and for "How to verify...")

Fixed.

-Rob

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Lee <li...@oxdrove.co.uk>.
On 08/05/12, 15:47:23, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote regarding Re:
[URGENT] Broken download link:

On page:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

Checksums  "ASC, MD5, SHA1, SHA512" is broken:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

$ curl -I http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:50:59 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.1 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.0g

James.

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/5/8 drew jensen <dr...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I don't see the problem, it works for me. Can somebody else confirm the
>>> problem ...
>>
>> I can - just tried - it's the http://www.openoffice.org/download/ that
>> is wrong, it's all leading to 3.3 currently.
>>
>> //drew
>>

>>> Juergen
>>

> Weird... this morning, before the release announcement both
> openoffice.org/download and download.openoffice.org gave me 3.4.
> Something happened on site update.

I just fixed it.  I may have broken it as well.  Not sure what
happened.  Roberto noticed a bad link to the templates site, so I
updated this in the CMS.  Trivial URL change.  But somehow it backed
out the Javascript updates to the old URLs.  Not sure how that
happened.

In any case, let's all be careful, check the diff's, etc., and make
sure we're checking in what we think we are checking it.

-Rob

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by drew jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>wrote:

> 2012.05.08. 16:09 keltezéssel, Jürgen Schmidt írta:
>
>  On 5/8/12 3:54 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> The download binaries link from
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/**openofficeorg/<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/>is broken
>>>

>> I don't see the problem, it works for me. Can somebody else confirm the
>> problem ...
>>
>>  But the transfered link to http://www.openoffice.org/**download/<http://www.openoffice.org/download/>sugest OOo 3.3, you can only download 3.4 from Get more patforms link.

Yea, actually the download page has been changed, all I see is that it
points to AOO 3.3 and those downloads are regularly served.

Roberto

--
====

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/8/12 4:29 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> 2012.05.08. 16:09 keltezéssel, Jürgen Schmidt írta:
>> On 5/8/12 3:54 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> The download binaries link from
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ is broken
>>
>> I don't see the problem, it works for me. Can somebody else confirm
>> the problem ...
>>
> But the transfered link to http://www.openoffice.org/download/ sugest
> OOo 3.3, you can only download 3.4 from Get more patforms link.

that is indeed correct now, what happened? It was correct a few minutes ago

Juergen

Re: [URGENT] Broken download link

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.