Posted to current-testers@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/10/03 08:17:53 UTC

httpd-2.0.43-alpha candidates available...

for testing from http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ in your preferred
.tar.gz, .tar.Z or -win32-src.zip format (-win32-src.zip containing
the msvc makefiles.)

We expect to release this image due to two minor security
exposures sometime around noon PDT today, Oct 3rd.

Your participation in testing this release candidate is appreciated,
as always.  Thanks for your ongoing subscription to current or
stable testers.

Bill

Re: httpd-2.0.43-alpha candidates available...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> For this release, will you write a one-liner (much like I'm writing for
> the present logio docs and missing logio module), recommending
> that change and documenting the option?
>
> We can get this into Announcement, presuming the majority goes
> with 'release as is' which seems to be the current tide.

Try this:

Users of this release of Apache on Darwin 6.1 (including Mac OS X
10.2, a.k.a. "Jaguar") must add --disable-ipv6 to the configure
invocation to avoid a potential security exposure related to the IPv6
support in current versions of Darwin.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: httpd-2.0.43-alpha candidates available...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Henning Brauer <hb...@bsws.de>.

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@remulak.net>.
I vote with Thom. Test and release it. Better to have secure tested
code with confusing docs.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

Re: httpd-2.0.43-alpha candidates available...

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
You are right.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

Posted by gr...@apache.org.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> for testing from http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ in your preferred
> .tar.gz, .tar.Z or -win32-src.zip format (-win32-src.zip containing
> the msvc makefiles.)

It's been running for about 20 minutes on daedalus - looks fine.

Greg

Re: httpd-2.0.43-alpha candidates available...

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.