Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Matt Coarr <mc...@mitre.org> on 2002/06/12 20:34:10 UTC

mixing encoding styles; literal Element return type

Hi,

I'm not sure that I fully understand encoding styles and mapping yet.
 Perhaps somebody could give me a hand?

We are trying to write some code that will access an ejb.  The methods
have one or two parameters that are simple strings (input only), and the
return type is org.w3c.dom.Element.  How do I properly represent this in
both the deployment descriptor and the soap client code?

Here's my deployment descriptor:

    <isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
    id="urn:bookingdirector">
      <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
                    scope="Application"
                    methods="getAllBookings getSingleBooking">
        <isd:java class="org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.BookingDirector"/>
        <isd:option key="JNDIName" value="ejb/BookingDirector"/>
        <isd:option key="FullHomeInterfaceName"
    value="org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.BookingDirectorHome"/>
        <isd:option key = "ContextProviderURL" value=""/>
        <isd:option key = "FullContextFactoryName"
    value="com.netscape.server.jndi.RootContextFactory"/>
      </isd:provider>

    <isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
    </isd:service>

Thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, or examples,
Matt