Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Chris Schilling <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/06 20:04:17 UTC

Libimseti Example in new eclipse project

Hello,

I am working through the Libimseti example in MIA.  I created a new project in eclipse, ... etc...  Anyway, Everything is fine except I cannot compile because I am missing a jar file containing dependencies for the RecommenderWrapper class. The classes are in the ...cf.taste.web package in mahout.  I guess they are wrapped in the war file, however you cannot add war files to the build path.

Can you recommend a way around this?  Is the RecommenderWrapper necessary inside the LibimsetiRecommender class?  Once I have the jar file containing this Libimseti class, it appears trivial to get it up and running inside the taste web app.

Thanks for your help
Chris

Re: Libimseti Example in new eclipse project

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It's in the .war file, yes, but is more importantly in the
mahout-taste-web module. Just depend on that.

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
  Hi Chris,

Compiling within Eclipse generally won't exercise the complete Mahout
build. Have you done a mvn clean install -DskipTests=true from the
command line? That may help.