Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/10/03 07:59:47 UTC

Re: What's the POINT?

Posted by JamesDR <ro...@bellsouth.net>.

Justin Mason wrote:

Re: [sa-list] Re: What's the POINT?

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> JamesDR wrote:
> >I would personally block messages that are a loop from me to me. I don't
> >foresee any real reason to have this loop enabled.  On my mail server this
> >probably blocks 10% at the mail server.
>
> Hrmmm, no I actually find this happens when I reply-all and was included
> as one of several recipients.

Or someone is on a mailing list like this one.  The message goes out
of your site and then comes back in again.  I deployed that rule to a
large group without realizing the above mailing list problem and it
created a large number of false positives.

Bob

Re: [sa-list] Re: What's the POINT?

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, JamesDR wrote:

> I would personally block messages that are a loop from me to me. I don't
> foresee any real reason to have this loop enabled.  On my mail server this
> probably blocks 10% at the mail server.

Hrmmm, no I actually find this happens when I reply-all and was included
as one of several recipients.

-Dan

--

"And, a special guest, from the future, miss Ria Pischell.  Miss Pischell,
as you all know, is the inventor of the Statiophonic Oxygenetic

-Rufus, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

> How often do you "cc" yourself for your own records?

Whenever I reply all.

-Dan

--

"Don't try to out-wierd me.  I get stranger things than you free with my
breakfast cereal."

-Button seen at I-CON XVII (and subsequently purchased)