Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org> on 2002/11/27 21:24:57 UTC

Implementing dynamic proxies with BCEL

Hi all!

I've started to look at implementing dynamic proxies with BCEL. Has
there been any such effort before? Any suggestions/comments for/on
implementing this?

I've started by writing by hand a sample proxy class and run BCELifier
on that. Now I will start to dig deeper into the generated code, to make
the proxy generation dynamic.

I'll let you know of the progress.

Rgds,
Neeme

Re: Implementing dynamic proxies with BCEL

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Hi all,

> Labas, Juozas!
>
> Juozas Baliuka wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I contribute for this kind project http://cglib.sourceforge.net, very
> > possible we can find ways for cooperation.
>
> Can you elaborate on the "ways of cooperation"?
> As much as I can see from CGLIB code... you have already implemented the
> proxy thing ;-)

there are a lot of work to do like documentation, more ideas about code
generation ... .

> Is there any reason (other than political) why you wouldn't merge your
> CGLIB project with BCEL?  CGLIB seems to build on top of BCEL so nicely...

I do not think it is some kind of political problems, both projects have the
same license.
I have posted a proxy generator implementation a few moths ago, possile it
was too crapy implemnetation, possible things like this is out
of BCEL scope.

Posted by Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>.
Labas, Juozas!

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.