Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kijvyn <hi...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/01 17:34:37 UTC

Managing axis temp files and classloading

We are using apache axis version 1.5.6 to access webservices from WSDL. When
using the service, at first, axis generates tmp files in java.io.tmpDir.
When looking closely at the code managing the temp files for axis, it seems
that it creates .lck files which are never deleted. (According to the java
doc, the deleteOnExit mechanism is not very reliable...). So what happens is
after a couple of days, the server gets jam packed with tmp files from axis
which never get deleted.

Is anyone aware if there is a way to control the tmp files for axis (other
than a delete cron job or java.io.tmpDir system property change) and why
does it copy the whole classpath of my application (which is huge) into the
axis tmp folders. Also, in that tmp folder, seems that it is caching jars.
Why the hell would axis want to cache jar files??

2nd problem we have, which I believe is closely related to that temp file
creation (and more globally, axis initialization), is that the service stub
class that is generated seems to take considerable time to load. I was
forced to load it at the start of my application with a dumb "new" statement
otherwise when all my threads start to want a new instance of it at the same
time, everything is hanged. With the "new stub" dumb variable at the start,
it fixes the problem and all is fast.

Is it possible that when I do create my stub for the first time it triggers
at the static init of Axis modules, hence creating the zillions of useless
tmp files?

Anyway, any advice or information on the matter of axis tmp folders and
general init of it would be terrrifffic.

Thanks!