Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Robinson <br...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/04/06 19:38:46 UTC

Super POM

Can anyone tell me where I can find the Super POM on the file system?

I want to have one place where I can have all projects use our
repository, and I would like to avoid using <parent> tags in each
pom.xml in my many projects.  Also, ideally we won't have to have every
developer use their own settings.xml to set this up either.  It seems
like the super POM is the right place to put it, but I can't find it.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Super POM is?

Thanks,

-Brian

"Even when you've played the game of your life, it's the feeling of
teamwork that you'll remember." - John C. Maxwell

Re: Super POM

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.
On 06.04.2006, at 19:44, dan tran wrote:

> how about having every developer using the same settings.xml to be
> installed
> in ${maven.home}/conf ?

That's exactly how I do it. I have prepared our custom "maven distro"
which is a plain maven build with a customized conf/settings.xml. All
developers install this and are ready to go.

This proved to be really easy and painless so far.

Alternatively, you could install maven in a shared folder and require
no local installation.

-dirk

Re: Super POM

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
how about having every developer using the same settings.xml to be installed
in ${maven.home}/conf ?

-D

Re: Super POM

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.